Thursday, December 21, 2023

 

A few Christmas reflections

 Well, Christmas will be here in just a few days and I woke up early this morning thinking about it.  

It really is all about Jesus.  I admit that is what I always think every morning I wake up, but I was thinking how amazing it was that God would send his son into this mess of a world.  That he would live like us.  That he would experience our life.  

I thought how amazing his parents were.  Mary to accept God's call.  Joseph to live by faith in what seemed impossible.  Made me thankful for our parents.  And appreciative of how my kids parent my grands.

I thought about the baby Jesus that grew up to die for my sins on the cross.

I thought about empty chairs at the table.  The ones I really miss were/are all believers so there is comfort in that.  I will see them again.  

I thought about the blessing of family.  Hurting for some who do not have healthy families here.  Reminded me that they have found family thru the church people.  

I thought about food.  Marsha is a great cook.  Lots of food.  Lots of treats for neighbors and friends.  Lots of meals cooked and delivered this year.  What a great gift.

And baby Jesus made me think of new births.  So thankful for all those that have been born again into the Kingdom of God over the past few months.  Excited for those we are conversation with.  Wondering who will be next.

Family.  And food.  And gifts.  And most of all Jesus.

What a great day today is.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?