Tuesday, February 13, 2024

 

I might be wrong but that does not mean you are right.

 Of course I believe I am right.  It would be pretty strange to have convictions that you do not believe.  I thank all of us think we are right about most things.

For example, I believe the word of God to be true.  Absolutely.  All of it.  If I don't understand it, it is not because it is wrong.  It is because I don't understand it.  I know some people don't believe that.  Some argue that parts of Scripture are true, but not all of it.  Or it was true when written but no longer true.  Or it means different thinks in different cultures.

But here is the think.  I may be wrong.  I don't think so obviously or I would not believe what I do believe.  But it is possible.  So here are a few things I think matter if I can be wrong.

I may be right.  There is a reason I believe what I does.  

You may be wrong.  You have a reason you believe what you do.  You might be wrong.

I am not going to change may might just in case.  

Telling me I am wrong, condemning me for not seeing it your how, or treating my as if I am not smart enough does not change my might.  

You can but a faithful Christian and not see things the way I do.  I might choose to not even go to to church where you go.  And we still might be in heaven together.

And some things matter so much I just can't agree to disagree.  

And some things are not worth arguing about.

So what is the point of all this?

Teach your convictions.  Live your convictions.  Decide what matters so much that you cannot compromise.  Realize you may not always be right.  Look forward to heaven.  Don't fight over what does not matter.

Jesus.  Always Jesus.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?