Thursday, February 08, 2024

 

Vince, Bill, Joey, and the Herald of Truth

 I have worked for Herald of Truth for over 19 years.  My job for the majority of that time was preaching and writing.  I know very little about administration or organizational leadership.

But...

I had only been here about a year when our President suddenly resigned.  So for about six months I was the interim President.  And co-CEO for another six.  Didn't like it.  Wasn't good at it.  And turned down several chances to be President.

So I have a great appreciation for capable administrators and leaders.  Here are three I have greatly appreciated during my time at Herald of Truth.

Vince Swinney was Chairman of the Board when I was the interim and we co-led the organization.  Then Vince took it over.  He was a man with a great heart and strong integrity.  I am not sure Herald of Truth would have survived except for Vince's reputation and leadership.  He eventually resigned but continued on our Board for a number of years.

Bill Brant was hired by Vince as CEO and ran Herald of Truth for over ten years.  Strong business background.  Understood our donor base.  Outstanding at letting his staff do what they did best.  For me, it was talk about Jesus.  Bill is the one who got us back into the United States after several years of strong work primarily overseas.  Increased our permanent endowment, got our budget in shape, and was the architect of our Hope for Life efforts in the U.S.  He retired about six years ago.

And I was thinking about Vince and Bill because Joey Roberts just resigned from Herald of Truth.  He started as a Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design person who worked his way up to Vice President of Operations.  Had a heart for ministry, ran the Abilene office, and truth be told... ran much of the whole Herald of Truth operation.  Joey just took a position with Christian Homes and will be an outstanding asset for them.  Still ministry but he will be able to be home more with his family.  

I appreciate all these men who served Herald of Truth in areas I don't really understand.  But what they did mattered greatly to the Kingdom.  

So thanks Vince, see you when I get to heaven

Thanks Bill for enabling me to do what I love for Jesus.

And thanks Joey.  But honestly... I love Christian Homes and since we still go to church together.. this was a little easier to take.

/Well done men.  Well done.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?