Thursday, March 21, 2024

 

Why I -- not necessarily you -- won't vote

 I want to start by saying this is personal.  You do not have to agree with me.  You can even disagree with me.  But it is election season and once again, I have a lot of Christians that I love trying to tell me that I have to vote.  And even tell me how to vote.

So here is why I won't.

I cannot vote for Donald Trump.  Everything I know about him is contrary to the Jesus life.  I just think having a man like him as a role model for our country is truly frightening.  You may be able to separate the man from the politics.  I can't.  

I cannot vote for Joe Biden.  I could never vote for someone that endorses an anti-Biblical (and therefore anti-God) view of marriage and of life.  I just can't.  You may think that those views are not un-Christian.  If that is true, we really don't have much common ground.  

On a deeper level, I am not convinced that as a Christian my mission is to save America.  I accept that my mission is to save Americans.  And by that, I mean share Jesus with as many people here as I can.  I only have room in my heart for one allegiance and that is to the Kingdom of God.  That does not include America.  You may see it differently.  But I don't.

You may believe that as a Christian you must vote Kingdom values.  I might do that if I could find a candidate that believed or lived Kingdom values.  And that is not Donald Biden.  Or Joe Trump.

So I am not going to fight about politics.  I have much bigger things to spend my time and energy on.

Does not mean I don't love America.  Of course I do.  And I love Texas.  I love West Texas.  I love the community where we live.  And I really love our ranch.

But I love God the most.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?