Tuesday, March 26, 2024

 

Why the Resurrection Matters so Much to me

 Sunday is Easter.  Most churches will celebrate the resurrection.  Many churches celebrate the resurrection every Sunday.  Many believers celebrate the resurrection every day. 

Here are just a few reasons it matters so much to me.

If there is no resurrection then I cannot stand this life or this world.  If there is nothing better than this world I am miserable.  All the death, the pain, the evil, the tears and hurts.  I survive it now because I believe a better world really is coming.  

If there is no resurrection, what is the point of my life.  I have basically given my life to trying to help people and most of that help is centered on Jesus.  If there is nothing after this (no resurrection), why help anyone?  

Without the resurrection, I am still lost in my sins.  I believe Jesus is the son of God, but if he did not overcome death then he was not the son of God.  So he could die for my sins.  He would just be a man who lived and died.

The resurrection lets me grieve with hope when those I love die.  I have buried many people that I deeply love.  Most of them were believers.  Because of the resurrection, I believe I will see them again.  I use that idea to comfort a lot of people.  What do you say to those grieving if you can offer no hope?

The resurrection lets me die with dignity, hope, and even joy.  A better life is coming.  Christians die well because we believe in the life to come.

All because of the resurrection.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?