Thursday, July 04, 2024

 

Celebrating freedom from fear

 Today is a day when the U.S. celebrates independence.  Freedom.  

So I am thinking about freedom today.  Mostly about being free from fear.  All because of Jesus.

So here are the things I don't have to be afraid of because of Jesus.

Death.  I love life but I am not afraid to die.  Death just means passing from a fallen world that is a mess into a world of no pain or sorrow or tears or sin.  That's a win.

I am not afraid of the election.  I live in a country where the prime leader is not like Jesus.  Policies that do not line up with the Bible. But my allegiance is not to this country/kingdom.  My loyalty is to a bigger and better kingdom.  One where the ruler is perfect and will always do what is best for me.  Always.  My kingdom will last forever.

I don't have to worry about the basic necessities of life.  God promised to take care of me.  He may use people from our Kingdom or He may just provide.  But He always has -- and always will -- take care of his people.  And that's me.

Living in fear is hard and exhausting.

And you don't have to.

I know.

So on the day when this country celebrates independance and freedom, I celebrate dependance and freedom from fear. 


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?