Thursday, August 22, 2024

 

Leadership lessons from my Dad

 I talk to a lot of church leaders about how to help their church communities be more evangelistic.  And I often start with what my Dad did.  He raised my sister and me to be believers.  He led several family members to believe.  He served as an elder for many years.

Here are four things I learned from him about evangelistic leadership.

Encouragement.  He was a great cheerleader for anyone wanting to share Jesus.  Supported mission efforts.

Expectations.  He expected church leaders and ministers to talk to lost people about Jesus.  He expected all Christians to talk to friends and neighbors about Jesus.  It was assumed.  

Experience.  Been there, done that.  He understood the feelings.  He had answers and suggestions for the questions.  

Example.  He did it too.  Never thought evangelism was something you told people to do.  It was something you showed people.  Leading from the front.


And I find myself doing these same four things at HIllcrest and I share them at the churches I work with for Herald of Truth.

Maybe they will help you lead your people too.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?